In June I did end up buying more books than I had anticipated. I ended up buying 6 books. I am pretty happy with my purchases though, so I have few regrets. It was, however, another month where I bought the same amount of books as I read which isn’t really helping me bring down my TBR any.
At the beginning of the month I went to chapters and bought two books:
- Disappearing Moon Cafe by Sky Lee was a book that I had had my eye on for some time. I had a dream about it the night before I went to the bookstore and decided to pick it up because it was clearly destiny.
- A Court of Thrones and Roses by Sarah J. Maas was a book that I had heard a lot of hype around. I had picked it up a few times before but never decided to take it home until one of my good book friend Sarah gave it a good review and I talked to her about it. I have been burned by hype sooooo many times before that I really wanted to be sure that I wanted to read it before I picked it up.
I almost bought the hardcover 20th anniversary Ravenclaw edition of The Philosopher’s Stone by J.K Rowling that day too but I couldn’t justify it at the time because I already have a copy and the next copy I wanted to buy was the illustrated edition. But I did end up getting in on Amazon a few days later. The book that I bought in that mini-haul were
- The Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling 20th anniversary Ravenclaw edition because how could any good Ravenclaw pass that up?
- Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon. I had just finished reading Voyager and thought that I really wanted to read the next book right away. I did start it at the end of July but I have yet to finish it.
- So Sad Today by Melissa Broder, the bookclub pick for the month of July
- Obasan by Joy Kogawa, a book that I wouldn’t soon be reading with my friend Vivian
All in all a good haul. I’m pretty stoked to get reading these books. Two of them are Canlit which I think is really great because I’m trying to get more Canlit in my life.